Back Forum Reply New

Dixon R. Miller Recreation Area (Eastern PA)

Has anyone ridden this area? It is a state park that is designated for atv use. Does that mean we can ride our plated bikes in there also?

Originally Posted by Rcrx21Has anyone ridden this area? It is a state park that is designated for atv use. Does that mean we can ride our plated bikes in there also?

Maybe this will help.All of the state ATV trails in PA are for ATVs only. I asked a forester at the Bald Eagle state forest about this,he told me bikes tear up the terrain too much.Thats why they only allow ATVs,as they have low pressure,high footprint tires.I think it sucks,because we have lots of ATV areas in central PA that would be great for dirt bikes.

Originally Posted by GeronimoAll of the state ATV trails in PA are for ATVs only. I asked a forester at the Bald Eagle state forest about this,he told me bikes tear up the terrain too much.Thats why they only allow ATVs,as they have low pressure,high footprint tires.I think it sucks,because we have lots of ATV areas in central PA that would be great for dirt bikes.

Thanks for the info. One more thing we have to pay taxes for but not allowed to use!
¥
Back Forum Reply New